Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake
The Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake recipe has finally been released! This past week that cheesecake recipe I teased was printed in Chevy Chaser and The Southsider. Which means I can share it with all of you now!
Ch ch ch ch changessssss
In this recipe you can either use crushed peppermint or peppermint oil/extract. The magazine printed the crushed option. I’ve tried both and I personally like Peppermint oil best. I think the crushed peppermint gave the filling a strange texture. I have the measurements in the recipe for whichever one you choose.
I want to give a shout out to one of my favorite grocery stores, Whole Foods! They provided all the ingredients for this recipe and it would not be possible without their help. I’ve been partnering with them for projects for a few years and they always go above and beyond. Just like their ingredients!
25 chocolate creme cookies
1/2 cup butter melted
Two 8 ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 tsps of peppermint extract OR 3 drops peppermint oil
( You could also use 1 cup crushed peppermint candy though I think it makes the cream cheese rubbery)
1. Put oreos in a food processor or in a Ziploc bag and roll until you get fine crumbs
2. Mix cookie crumbs and 1/2 cup of melted butter in a bowl until combined.
3. Pour mixture into a 9 inch baking springform pan and pack down evenly with a glass.
4. Chill until ready to use.
1.Heat oven to 350°F
2. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer. Add eggs. Mix until blended. Stir in 1/2 cup mints.
3. Pour into crust.
4. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of crushed peppermint candy.
5. Bake 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
6. Top with cool whip and peppermint and serve!
Check out the Smiley Pete feature here!